Dance, Barre & Zumba
Dance: Join a dance class near you to benefit from sweaty fun! Not only is it great for a social event as well, but you will seriously burn some calories in a dance class and challenge your brain at the same time. The key is to be able to count backwards from 5 to 8.
"It's time to begin - now count it in 5-6-7-8." - StepsDance your heart out with a jazz, tap or freestyle class. Your style is your prerogative and you can really let loose. If structure is more your thing, try a choreographed class in your local area and feel the calories burn. Barre workout: A hybrid of ballet, Pilates and core work this burner of a class will have you toning and touching your toes in no time. Benefits:
- Utilises your own body weight for resistance and challenge.
- Works muscles that are often forgotten or rarely focused on.
- Only need a barre and a mat, sometimes other props are used like in Yoga/Pilates.
- No experience necessary and it is suitable for all levels of fitness/flexibility.
- Strength, endurance and cardiovascular exercise.
- Great for increasing bone density.
- Increases mind and body connection/awareness.
- Great for form and posture alignment.
- Weight loss
- Happy endorphins released
- Smile more
- Make friends